Dairy Free Peanut Butter Protein Shake


What better way to spend them morning after a gym workout than sitting outside on the balcony with a protein shake. The only trouble I have found with dairy free shakes is for months every one I made always just tasted like nut milk. I could never figure out the right ingredients to add to sweeten it or I always ended up adding way to much nut milk.

So after having several amazing shakes when I would go out to cafes I thought I would again begin experimenting making protein shakes this time with some different ingredients. One of my favourite ingredients I like to use is peanut butter, so I thought I would try adding it into my shake along with only a few other simple ingredients. This is my favourite flavour protein shake so far.

Ingredients:

  • 1 & 1/4 cups of almond milk
  • 2 large tablespoons of natural peanut butter
  • 2 teaspoons of pure Canadian maple syrup
  • 1-2 scoops of protein powder
  • 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract 
  • handful of ice cubes

Blend all ingredients together in Nutribullet. Add extra ice when serving if desired.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie dough protein balls

Battle against multiple illnesses

the daily struggle of living with a chronic illness