Healing Holistically from an autoimmune disease



After over 5 years of being very unwell and numerous medical tests that came back clear every time I decided to change from a medical approach to a more holistic approach to my health. I began seeing a Naturopath in October 2015 and within a few weeks she had identified that I was suffering from an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. With this disease instead of your immune system protecting the body it perceives the Thyroid gland as a threat to the body and the immune system attacks it. This causes numerous underlying issues throughout the body.

I had been informed of my options from both the Naturopath and the doctor and it came down to 2 very different treatment options that could help prevent and reverse the disease. As I did not want to take the medical approach of medication for possibly the rest of my life I chose to follow a more natural approach with close guidance of my naturopath focusing on diet and supplements.

This blog is designed to not only outline my journey of living with and reversing the effects of an autoimmune disease, but to share helpful tips I have learnt along the way as well as clean healthy recipes that anyone would enjoy.


Photo Credit: The People's Pharmacy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie dough protein balls

Battle against multiple illnesses

Chocolate peanut butter protein balls