Buckwheat pancakes


Weekends are meant for pancakes for breakfast. Although when I went On the GAPs diet for my autoimmune disease I struggled trying making pancakes it just wasn't the same. I tried lots of different recipes although they never quite turned out, as there was always some ingredient I wasn't supposed to have. Eventually improvising using a few ingredients from different recipes I managed to find pancakes that actually tasted like pancakes.

This recipe makes 4 big pancakes.


  • 1 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1/2 cup arrowroot flour 
  • 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract 
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cream of tartar 
  • Optional 1-2scoops of protein powder 
  • Optional handful of dairy free choc chips 
Combine all wet ingredients and slowly adding in the dry ingredients. If the mixture is too thick add small amount of extra almond milk to the mixture. I like to add a handful of dairy free choc chips into the mixture after everything else is combined. Cook in fry pan until mixture is no longer wet. 

I have several different toppings choices I like to use on my pancakes to make them different each time.

Toppings 
  • Strawberries and choc chips 
  • Banana, slivered almonds and pure Canadian maple syrup 
  • Banana and home made cacao ice cream 
  • Strawberries and pure Canadian maple syrup 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie dough protein balls

Battle against multiple illnesses

the daily struggle of living with a chronic illness