Vegan mango and lemon cheesecake


So I never seem to make cheesecake as I always think it is very time consuming to make. Although for my birthday on the weekend I decided I wanted to make something different and thought I would try cheesecake. I made the recipe in muffin trays so that way I didn't have to try to cut a large cheese cake. Each one is perfect for one serving and the recipe made around 16 mini cheesecakes.

This one is vegan and gluten free and only uses a few basic ingredients. I soaked the the cashews for about 30 minutes, just enough to soften them to blend up for the filling.

Base

For the Base:

  • 1 packet of Gluten and Dairy free arrowroot biscuits
  • 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
  • 3 teaspoons of Pure maple syrup 

For the Filling:
  • 200gms of cashews
  • a few drops of lemon essences
  • 1 cup of coconut cream
  • 1.5-2cups of mango pieces
  • 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
  • 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
Method


Line a muffin tray with paper liners and blend all the base ingredients together in a food processor. scoop out enough mixture and compact into the bottom of each liner about half a centimetre. whilst I made the filling I stuck the bases in the freezer. Start by blending the cashews together until smooth, adding in next the mango pieces and blend again until smooth. Add in all the remaining ingredients and blend. take the bases out of the freezer and scoop mixture into each, filling to the top of the paper liner. Stick them back into the freezer for about 3-4 to freeze. Before serving pull out of freezer, remove liner and defrost for at least 30 minutes before to soften.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie dough protein balls

Battle against multiple illnesses

Chocolate peanut butter protein balls