Chocolate peanut butter protein balls


One of my all time favourite guilt free treats I like to make are these yummy protein balls. I love making these as they are so simple and taste amazing. I tend to make a batch of these little guys every  3 weeks they are that good. It has often been hard finding a recipe that suits my dietary needs so I'm often left to improvising or taking ingredients 2 or 3 similar recipes and adding them together.  This recipe was similar to one I found in the Woolworths free monthly magazine. Although I did substitute  a few ingredients for healthier options and opted out of puting in the skim milk powder.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup natural crunchy peanut butter (brand Mother Earth) 
  • 1/2 cup oats (health food isle: freedom foods) 
  • 1 cup desiccated coconut 
  • 1/4 cup raw cacao  
  • 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder 
  • 1/2 cup honey (Byron Bay Honey)
Blend all together in food processor and roll into little balls and coat with extra desiccated coconut. For best result chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes. However if you're impatient like I sometimes am they still taste good soft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie dough protein balls

Battle against multiple illnesses

the daily struggle of living with a chronic illness