Slow Cooked Beef Stew


Nothing more I love in winter time then hot meals, especially ones that only require one dish to cook. I absolutely love using my slow cooker, although I feel like I am always making curries so thought I would try something new. This beef stew is so simple and quick to prepare. This recipe was used for a 3.5L slow cooker and makes 6-8 meals depending on serving size. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or 3-4 hours on high.

I also made so yummy garlic bread to go with the stew.

Ingredients 

  • 800gms of diced beef
  • 3 carrots sliced
  • 4 potatos chopped
  • large handful of mushrooms sliced
  • 2 tins of diced tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon of beef stock
  • 1.5 cups of water
  • 1 tub of tomato paste
  • 3tsp mixed garlic
  • 1tsp onion powder
  • 4 bay leaves
  • Rosemary 
  • chopped parsley 
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: I added a little bit of arrowroot flour in to thicken it at the end.


Garlic bread

  • 1 Gluten free bun cut in half
  • 2 spoonfuls of Nuttelex coconut oil
  • 1tsp minced garlic
  • rosemary
Melt nuttelex and minced garlic together and spread onto roll, sprinkle with rosemary and bake in oven until golden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie dough protein balls

Battle against multiple illnesses

Chocolate peanut butter protein balls